There are quite a few contaminants that end up in the air ducts over time. From various allergens, dirt and dust, pollutants, pests, microbes such as mildew and mold, moisture, to particulates from any construction or repair work, fire/smoke damage, and so forth, these can all settle in the duct system. As a result, the air is contaminated, and it is common for homeowners to experience indoor air that is up seven times worse inside than it is outside. In any case, it recommended that you have your air ducts cleaned every 3-5 years, and even more frequently for those that are especially sensitive to allergies or other respiratory issues. After getting the ducts cleaned, there are steps you can take to extend the period in between professional air duct cleaning services. With this in mind, we at Express Air Duct Cleaning would like to share a few of these steps in an effort to extend this important cleaning service. By practicing proper home habits, you will naturally maintain cleaner air ducts.
How to Extend the Time Before Your Air Ducts Need to Be Cleaned Again
1) Clean or Replace the Right Sized Air Filters. Generally, most homeowners use disposable air filters, however, if you prefer reusable filters, they still need attention. Living in Tampa, FL, it is encouraged to change your air filters every 30-45 days. Many issues stem from continuing the use of dirty filters so be sure to regularly change or replace them. In addition to ensuring you maintain your filters; it is equally important that you invest in the correct sizes as well.
2) Schedule Routine HVAC Maintenance Services. Both your furnace and AC unit should be tuned up once a year and inspections are ideal in between. Air conditioning tune-ups should be scheduled at the end of winter/early spring and the furnace at the end of summer/ early fall.
3) Regularly Dust & Vacuum. Control the dust in your home by dusting and vacuuming daily if possible. It worth investing in a high efficiency (HEPA) vacuum cleaner as it better manages dust and debris.
4) Seal Off Registers During Construction. Always seal off supply and return registers during home renovation and remodeling projects.
5) Maintain Humidity Levels. Maintain ideal humidity levels to prevent mold and mildew growth.
6) Respond to Water Damage ASAP. Any leaks or water damage needs prompt attention.
7) Seal Air Ducts. Properly seal ducts and insulate attics and crawl spaces.
8) Invest in Professional Air Duct Cleaning Process. Express Air Duct Cleaning offers professional air duct cleaning using superior products and trusted methods. Air filters remove matter through the blower fan and return clean air back into the rooms of your home. Though air duct cleaning is not an annual service, you may require it more often, especially if you have pets, sensitive allergies, smoke, respiratory needs, or live in a humid environment.
We Clean Air Ducts In Apollo Beach, Brandon, Gibsonton, Lithia, Lutz, Mango, Riverview, Seffner, Thonotosassa, Valrico & Greater Tampa, FL
When it comes to your air duct cleaning needs in the Greater Tampa, Florida, contact the experienced professionals of Express Air Duct Cleaning and let us ensure your air ducts are effectively cleaned to improve the air quality in your home along with the many other benefits it offers. Call us to schedule your next appointment today!