Over time, your air ducts gradually accumulate mold, dust mites, bacteria, debris of organic decay, pests, pollen grains and all other sort of contaminants. This could pose serious health issues to you or your loved ones constantly, especially if any of you suffer from asthma or allergies. Severe airborne disease can also be spread in the process. It is normal for air ducts to get filthy with every form of pollutant that may affect your health. It is recommended you get your air ducts cleaned periodically in order to eliminate these contaminants that may negatively affect your health. If you have detected a substantial quantity of visible contaminants in your ductwork and greatly desire they should be removed, we are the best guys on the block to help you solve this problem. Our services deal exclusively with air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning. We at Express Air Duct Cleaning would like to further discuss how air duct cleaning can common air duct contaminants.
How Do You Inspect Ductwork?
As far as cleaning your air ducts are concerned the first step is to detect the contaminants. If cleaning is needed, your air ducts can be checked to see. Below is a logical approach to detect if your ductwork has been contaminated.
1) Unfasten your vents or duct covers, look for visible mold growth and water leaks.
2) Check for potential traces of vermin and other pests.
3) The debris, dirt, and other contaminating particles accumulation should bed looked for.
4) It is in your better interest to hire a professional for a thorough inspection, the primary part of the ductwork is not visible.
5) It may not be easy to determine what you are seeing, no matter if it is mold, mildew or another type of fungus or bacteria. This is generally another important reason as to why you want a professional to inspect and clean the ducts.
If you have determined that you have an air duct contamination problem, we don’t recommend handling the cleaning by yourself. Should you believe your air ducts are contaminated, contact the professionals for air duct cleaning services.
How Do You Prevent Mold & Other Contaminants in Air Ducts?
There are a few things you can do that are listed below, your HVAC is totally free of contaminants when your air ducts have been cleaned and to help keep it contaminate-free.
1) Ensure your air filters are effective. You lessen the amount of contamination in your home by having a functional air filter installed. Being effective for maintaining the freshness of your ductwork, the right filters can block particles of a very small size.
2) Avoid letting your air ducts are not leaky or wet and hire a professional to ascertain that your ducts are not faulty or leaky. With wet air ducts, a fertile breeding ground for mold and bacteria begins.
3) Since routine maintenance of your heating and cooling system, don’t wait till your heater or air conditioner dies to call someone out. It also contributes healthier ducts in addition to keeping the system in working order.