Recognizing the benefit of having their air ducts cleaned periodically is common among homeowners. Many have noticed the quality of air improving, less asthma attacks, allergy triggers are reduced, and other respiratory issues are not as agitated. It varies on how frequently people need to get their air ducts cleaned. Today, we at Express Air Duct Cleaning would like to discuss a few basics when it comes to air duct cleaning.
How Do I Know if My Air Ducts are Clogged?
A few common signs that your air ducts need a professional cleaning are listed below.
1) Infestation of pests.
2) Developing of strong stenches in the ducts.
3) The air ducts were exposed to water damage.
4) There was a mold, mildew, slime, and other such microbial growth outbreak in or around the home.
5) The buildup of debris restricts airflow.
6) Ducts and registers are visibly blowing out dust, cobwebs, and other debris.
7) Since they absorb more than sheet metal, fiberglass requires more duct cleaning.
8) Amongst the occupants the allergies and illnesses occur often.
Why is Duct Cleaning Important?
During routine operation, dust can accumulate in ductwork that can lead to microbial growth. Being proven with air duct cleaning, the growth is reduced as well as system’s overall efficiency increased. In fact, in some cases of extreme buildup, the increased efficiency has been to 40%.
AC Duct Cleaning Process
Dictated by the volume of buildup in the air ducts is the duct cleaning process. The technicians first assess the state of the ducts by opening all access panels. After it is determined how they need to be cleaned, experts gather the equipment including brushes and vacuum equipment specially designed to remove ductwork debris, such as brushes and vacuum equipment specially designed to remove ductwork debris to ensure a thorough cleaning. Your system will also undergo routine cleaning and maintenance as the cleaning involves t. he supplies ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers. The coils, the heat exchanger, drain pan, fan motor and housing, and system housing is all addressed with HVAC maintenance. You can ensure a smooth and efficient performance by pairing the HVAC maintenance with air duct cleaning. You will want to rectify the source of a dirty duct to minimize the buildup such as water and moisture, dust, debris, pest contamination, and other pollutants as well.
How Do I Extend My Air Duct Cleaning?
By applying the following steps, you can reduce the frequency of air duct cleaning services needed:
- To reduce the likelihood of contaminants, enforce good housekeeping practices.
- Routinely inspect the ductwork.
- Professional maintenance and cleaning should be scheduled annually.
- Change or clean your air filter about every 6 weeks.