Something many homeowners are recognizing as beneficial is having the air ducts cleaned periodically. Those with respiratory issues, including asthma and allergies, will usually notice less severe symptoms as the quality of air improves. Express Air Duct Cleaning would like to discuss the basics of air duct cleaning.
How Do I Know if My Ductwork Needs Cleaning?
Especially when you know about it, the common signs or needs that suggest you need air duct cleaning are usually noticeable.
1) Water damage or exposure in or around ducts.
2) In general, if mildew, slime, mold, and other such microbial growth has ever affected the home.
3) Restricted airflow.
4) From the ducts and registers, dust, cobwebs, and other debris are visibly blowing.
5) Pest infestation.
6) The ducts emit strong odors.
7) When the air ducts are overwhelmed with contaminants and allergens, people in the home will get sick or have allergies often.
8) Fiberglass air ducts will need cleaning more frequently as they absorb more debris than air ducts formed from sheet metal.
Does Duct Cleaning Improve Energy Efficiency?
Dust can accumulate in ductwork that can lead to microbial growth, during routine operation. The growth is reduced with air duct cleaning and overall efficiency increased is proven. The efficiency increases up to 40% in some cases of extreme buildup.
What Does Air Duct Cleaning Consist Of?
The duct cleaning process is dictated by the individual circumstance with volume of buildup in the air ducts. The technicians will first evaluate the state of the ducts when they open all the access panels. To remove ductwork debris, the equipment specially designed including brushes and vacuums are collected by the technician once they know the approach from the ducts current state and how they need to be cleaned. The cleaning involves supply ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers as well, when first your system undergoes routine cleaning and maintenance. The system is cleaned including drain pan, fan motor, coils, the heat exchanger, and housing system is all included. The air duct cleaning in tandem with HVAC system maintenance to ensure a smooth and efficient performance. You will want to rectify the source of a troublesome duct to minimize the buildup when you consider the water and moisture, dust, pest contamination, debris, and other pollutants.
Air Duct Cleaning Health & Safety
Scheduling the service with the fewest people home is optimal with no one home to inhale the barrage of dust and debris assaulting their respiratory system is an ideal safety request. To boost the safety of duct cleaning in the home as well, professionals will rely on ventilation equipment, containment barriers, filters, and other equipment.
Can I Clean My HVAC Ducts Myself?
Without proper training, you can cause damage and poor duct cleaning can decrease the air quality. An effective cleaning good company apply strict guidelines to ensure quality results.
Can You Extend an Air Duct Cleaning?
You can reduce how often you will need professional cleaning by applying the tips below.
- With routine and efficient house sanitation and cleaning, you can reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- On a regular basis, assess the ductwork.
- Schedule annual professional HVAC maintenance and cleaning services.
- Every 6 weeks or so, change or clean your air filter.
We Clean Dryer Vents In Apollo Beach, Brandon, Gibsonton, Lithia, Lutz, Mango, Riverview, Seffner, Thonotosassa, Valrico & Greater Tampa, FL
When your air ducts are due for a cleaning, contact Express Air Duct Cleaning to ensure they are done efficiently. Air duct and dryer vent cleaning are our specialties and we know the best ways to complete these important tasks safely and efficiently!