Everyone wants to think that the air they breathe in their home is clean. Unfortunately, that simply isn’t the case. Often times, the air that you are breathing in your home is far more polluted than the air that you would see in a large city. One of the best ways to improve the indoor air quality in your home is to maintain your HVAC system and, more importantly, the air ducts that distribute that heated or cooled air through your home. Express Air Duct Cleaning is here to talk about what you can do to maintain your air ducts in your home and keep them clean.
How Do I Reduce Dust in My Air Vents?
There are several things that you can do as a homeowner to maintain and keep your air ducts clean. Following are some of our best tips to help you maintain your air ducts.
- Invest in a Quality Air Filter: The filter on your HVAC system is a big part of keeping your air ducts from filling up with dust and debris. You need to invest in a high-quality air filter to help properly maintain your air ducts.
- Change Your Filter Often: You need to make sure you are changing your filter on a regular basis. There are several things that come into play when talking about how often it should be changed. If you are using cheap filters, you need to change them every month. If you have pets in your home or someone smokes in your home, you will also need to change your filter more often.
- Choose Correct Size Air Filter: Another thing to think about with your air filter is the fit. You will need to make sure the fit is right and the filter fits snug in the space allotted for it. You don’t want air to be able to escape around the air filter, but to instead go through it.
- Keep Dust Out of Air Vents During Renovations: If you are renovating your home, avoid using the HVAC system to help keep the dust and debris that accompanies any renovation, out of your vents.
- Clean HVAC System & Home: Anytime you have your HVAC system tuned up, ask the technicians that you’re working with to clean the coils and the drain pan to keep mold and mildew out of your ducts. You should also clean and vacuum your home regularly to keep the dust and debris down. Using a vacuum that has a HEPA filter inside of it will help keep the dust from getting stirred up and making its way into your air ducts.
We Clean Air Ducts & Ductwork in Apollo Beach, Brandon, Gibsonton, Lithia, Lutz, Mango, Riverview, Seffner, Thonotosassa, Valrico & Greater Tampa, FL
If you don’t remember the last time you had the air ducts in your home cleaned, it’s time to call on the pros at Express Air Duct Cleaning to help you keep the indoor air quality in your home cleaner. We will ensure there is no dust or other contaminants found in your air ducts. Call us today!