When your home isn’t quite the way you would like it to be, you may decide to make some changes and remodel a portion of your home. As exciting as this can be, it can also be a dirty process as well. Anytime you are renovating your home, you can plan on living in a mess until the project is completed. However much dust you may have in your home during the reno, you can contain it somewhat and try to live normally. Express Air Duct Cleaning is here to share our best tips to contain dust during a home renovation.
How Do You Control Dust in Construction?
It can seem like a losing battle when you talk about keeping dust under control during a home remodel. However, there are several steps you can take that will minimize the mess considerably.
- Ventilation: Ventilation is going to be key in keeping dust under control. You should be opening as many windows and doors as possible during the construction process. Fans can also help to blow dust out the windows and doors during your remodel as well.
- Dust Containment: Try and keep the renovation as contained as possible. Using thick plastic barriers, it can be helpful to close off sections of the home that are being worked on.
- Cut Wood Outside: There are likely going to be many boards cut during the remodel. Cut them outside if that is at all possible. When wood is cut, there is a significant amount of dust that is produced.
- Close Air Vents: If at all possible, turn of your HVAC system during the renovation process as much as possible. Closing the vents can help to keep the dust out of the ductwork in your home. With the doors and windows open, it will be a waste of money to have your heat or AC on anyway.
- Clean Daily: It may seem like you are fighting a losing battle by cleaning each day, but you will be glad you did it. The mess won’t be nearly as bad when you clean up every night after the work has ended for the day.
- Purify Air: This is a good time to invest in a good air purifier to help you keep the indoor air quality good in your home. You will have a much easier time breathing this way.
Why is it Important to Clean Your Air Ducts?
After you have finished your renovation project, you will want to have the ducts cleaned in your home. This will eliminate the dust that accumulated in them during your remodel. No matter how much you try and stay on top of the dust, you will find that there is still dust that makes its way into your ductwork.
Air Duct Cleaning In Apollo Beach, Brandon, Gibsonton, Lithia, Lutz, Mango, Riverview, Seffner, Thonotosassa, Valrico & Greater Tampa, FL
At Express Air Duct Cleaning, we provide our customers with outstanding air duct cleaning services. It is our goal to help improve your indoor air quality and keep your HVAC system running well. Call us today!